The Second Installment of Holiday Records
I have discovered something interesting about myself. I have been toying with the idea for some time but last night solidified what I have always known. I do not like throwing parties. I have thrown a number of them and they always seem to get preceding worse. I don't like drunk people running around my house. I don't like them spilling stuff on my carpet, breaking picture frames of mine, setting off illegal fire crackers in my back yard, asking other guests if they would "show their titty" repeatedly. None of this really interests me, at all. Can you tell that the above examples are rather specific? Yeah, that was last night.
I have always realized that I grew up, or bypassed a stage that most people my age, 21, thrive on. Most of the time, I feel like an old fogie. I wonder why I keep putting myself into these positions where I go from fun to horror in 60 seconds. Why would I let these people into my house? Well, I blame Mark really. Mark stinks. It is all Mark's fault. Mark is the manager of Westgate. I have gone to several parties of Mark's and they are always really fun and engaging. The people respect his house; they have good conversations, play good games... I thought I could have a party like Mark's. No, I can't really. It doesn't seem to work for me. I seem to be missing whatever Mark has, and that is why he sucks.
When we lived in an apartment, rented, didn't have financial responsibility towards the property, parties still stunk but not as badly. Now when I see a drunk idiot spilling beer on my carpet I realize I am either scrubbing that the next day or buying a new carpet..... three hundred dollars, drunken idiot, three hundred dollars, drunken idiot. Wow, my choice really is tough. Who will I pick?
Wait, I have another example; drunken idiot, picture frame of treasured memory, drunken idiot, picture frame of treasured memory. That's the tough one, none of that carpet business. It gets better, drunken idiot who doesn't tell me they broke my picture. Who, over the age of 5 breaks something of someone else's and doesn't tell them. That was one of those find-when-go-to-sleep surprises.
I don't think I expect too much but obviously I do. One, I expected the people who were older than me to act more maturely (I've made that mistake before. I know its a silly expectation, but I am a sucker for disappointment). Two, I expected the people I invited into my house, my boyfriend's employees, to respect me, respect my house, respect my neighbors, display some modicum of adult behavior. I have a mortgage with this house, I own it. I don't move in 6 months. These people who live next to me are kind of a permanent fixture and I sure as hell like them more than I like the people who came into my house. They treat me and my stuff a lot better. Three, when I said, "do not set off the fireworks in my backyard", I really thought they wouldn't set the fireworks off in my back yard. Imagine my surprise when the smokers stopped smoking cigarettes and began to smoke my back yard. There are a couple of reasons this kind of sucked. I have passed the age where I like cops being called on me (wait, I was never in that age). I again, wanted to have a party where I didn't piss my neighbors off. Also, I have two dogs. Both of which would have been scared by the exploding fire but one of whom is timid at best in large groups. I like my dogs much more than I like these people. I like my dogs much more than most people. When I told Justin that they had better not mess with my dogs, I didn't really think they would mess with dogs.
Typically, I wouldn't post something that might offend someone I know. I just offend strangers, really. But God, act like adults please! You’re not invited back. That's it! I don't do parties anymore! The drunken idiots won! I'm finished! There is a black list now and you better believe you aren't on it if you broke my picture frame.
To end on an up note, there was some cool stuff that happened (not that it makes up for the crap)
1.Noah, Clem and Eli brought their instruments, set up in my living room and played. I had a live performance in my living room of a band. That was actually really neat. They sounded great, as well.
2. Clint finally saw our house, but he has bad opinions of pit bulls... he has a rain check for an argument :)
3. Pete Kelly, always
4. Layne looked hot, in multiple layers of underwear (slips)
5. We had a fire... in the fire place
6. People had a good time (I didn't but others did)
7. Poet did the splits with the wall... then Layne did too
8. Cesar
9. Carl wanting to play Cranium
10. Coop dancing
11. Cally and Simon bringing the Arnold Schwarzenegger book (thanks for the cookies)
12. Nate was given a good send off for his last night living in Austin and he gives good hugs


1 Comments:
no one has called dog protective services on me yet for giving my dog a bottle of wine. What kind of world is this that doesn't look twice at a drunk dog?
Post a Comment
<< Home