Sunday, August 13, 2006

Yvonne's Birthday




It’s been almost a year and a half since Justin and I discovered we qualified to buy a house, since Mom and I began spring-break-house-hunting, since we bought (or the bank bought) our house, since Bob displayed his generous nature for the million and third time, since Justin and I moved for the fourth time together (he asked that we make it longer than a year in the next place and I decided to accommodate him with a mortgage), since we painted oranges, blues, greens and yellows in almost every room, since we became garage sale nuts and since we scored the best, most friendly street of neighbors… outside the street can be kind of iffy…. if they have a leaf blower… but even he has started saying, “hi”.

Yvonne is our neighbor on the right. She is the most optimistic person I’ve met, especially in consideration of the amount of awful stuff she has been through. As an example, last year she lost her beloved dog, her house flooded (as it did every year), and she was hit by a truck that contained a driver who didn’t have insurance. You would never know any of this if you met her. Instead, she is a consistently cheerful, hopeful person who it is easy to fall into hour long conversations with.

We got really lucky to have Yvonne. Her birthday was on Thursday and she had a dinner party. Did I mention we also have a gifted chef on the street that made amazing food for the event? Or that many different neighbors came and we all had a great time together? Who gets that lucky? To like their entire street of neighbors?

We did.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home