See no evil...Hear no evil...Speak no evil
Sometimes there are things you shouldn't see but you look anyway. After you look, you know you shouldn't have, but you did it and you'll probably do it again. It's like a personal "I told you so" with added sting.
There is a quote in Cormac McCarthy's book, The Road; "You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget."
I've got a net for a memory and its got a hole. The net follows me around sweeping, scooping, swatting, swiping, swallowing my experiences, catching what it can for the moment, for it to flow right out the other end, with time. Some experiences get caught in the net, and stay for a while, only to break off and leave bits behind.
Then there are the memories that break others. They rip my net. They gouge in and grip hold. They shake other memories loose, other bits free. Years of experiences gone. I remember these memories, not the lost ones. They aren't common, but consuming. When they come they stay.
The bits are gone and I can't miss what I don't remember. I'm sure what's left you wished I forget. No one would want to be remembered for this.
The replacements cleared needed space. My net is ready for something new. It's not hard to improve what is left.
There is a quote in Cormac McCarthy's book, The Road; "You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget."
I've got a net for a memory and its got a hole. The net follows me around sweeping, scooping, swatting, swiping, swallowing my experiences, catching what it can for the moment, for it to flow right out the other end, with time. Some experiences get caught in the net, and stay for a while, only to break off and leave bits behind.
Then there are the memories that break others. They rip my net. They gouge in and grip hold. They shake other memories loose, other bits free. Years of experiences gone. I remember these memories, not the lost ones. They aren't common, but consuming. When they come they stay.
The bits are gone and I can't miss what I don't remember. I'm sure what's left you wished I forget. No one would want to be remembered for this.
The replacements cleared needed space. My net is ready for something new. It's not hard to improve what is left.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home