Student Teaching Ramblings after a Good Long Day
Student Teaching Update Two

I am in a state of change, shifting and sifting through my days. I sidestep disasters with stilted, stunning grace. I am a gazelle. I am a gorilla. I am gaining and retreating, growing and receding. My stomach tightens and releases in waves through my day. This is where my emotions are found. They are located in the deep, uncontrolled belly-flopping laughs, the increasing, tension-produced six-pack, the loss and resurgence of appetite and my finicky tastes that range from fried, to chocolate to fruit.
I am a student teacher.
I am balanced between extremes, focusing on students most of the time, the crucial, deserving moments on me. My sanity resides in the segments of my life.
When I leave school, I leave the school behind.
I take care of myself, I spend time with Justin, I play tennis, I run, I do yoga, I drink, I eat.
Learning Accomplishment of the Week:
It took me three periods, but when I am teaching, I finally loosened up and learned to have fun with my students. I stopped worrying about time, diligence and personal success/failure.
Successes:
I confronted a behavior issue, successfully. I watched the moment of volatility arise. I watched my options of defeat and success present themselves. I nimbly danced between the two and managed to arrive at a reasonably happy ending.
This made up for the behavior problem I tripped and fell flat on my face with.

I am in a state of change, shifting and sifting through my days. I sidestep disasters with stilted, stunning grace. I am a gazelle. I am a gorilla. I am gaining and retreating, growing and receding. My stomach tightens and releases in waves through my day. This is where my emotions are found. They are located in the deep, uncontrolled belly-flopping laughs, the increasing, tension-produced six-pack, the loss and resurgence of appetite and my finicky tastes that range from fried, to chocolate to fruit.
I am a student teacher.
I am balanced between extremes, focusing on students most of the time, the crucial, deserving moments on me. My sanity resides in the segments of my life.
When I leave school, I leave the school behind.
I take care of myself, I spend time with Justin, I play tennis, I run, I do yoga, I drink, I eat.
Learning Accomplishment of the Week:
It took me three periods, but when I am teaching, I finally loosened up and learned to have fun with my students. I stopped worrying about time, diligence and personal success/failure.
Successes:
I confronted a behavior issue, successfully. I watched the moment of volatility arise. I watched my options of defeat and success present themselves. I nimbly danced between the two and managed to arrive at a reasonably happy ending.
This made up for the behavior problem I tripped and fell flat on my face with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home