Overachiever --- Except at the Beginning and the End
My first semester of college I met Justin. My life was blown over by love and I couldn't be bothered with those pesky classes or distractable grades.
My last semester of college I got over Justin. My life was blow over by loss and I couldn't be bothered with those pesky classes or distractable grades.
Instead of figuring out a subject matter, I figured out myself. Instead of making great grades in classes, I made them in life. Do I regret the decision. No. Not at all. I celebrate the balance I have now, the sense of self, the happiness.
Besides, I have been an overachiever for so long, even slacking off I still kick most people's butts.
I might not have a 4.0 at the end of it all, but I got something much greater, something much more important than a number on a piece of paper. I got myself.
Besides, I will still graduate summa cum laude or rather, with highest honor or highest praise. Top 10 percent mo fo's!
My last semester of college I got over Justin. My life was blow over by loss and I couldn't be bothered with those pesky classes or distractable grades.
Instead of figuring out a subject matter, I figured out myself. Instead of making great grades in classes, I made them in life. Do I regret the decision. No. Not at all. I celebrate the balance I have now, the sense of self, the happiness.
Besides, I have been an overachiever for so long, even slacking off I still kick most people's butts.
I might not have a 4.0 at the end of it all, but I got something much greater, something much more important than a number on a piece of paper. I got myself.
Besides, I will still graduate summa cum laude or rather, with highest honor or highest praise. Top 10 percent mo fo's!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home