Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Toughest Job Interview in My Whole Life

I had a job interview and I am pretty good at them. This one surpassed all others I have ever had. Step one: the interview conducted by the entire team of the academy with the director of the academy. Five people interrogating, i mean interviewing, me. One one stopped another began and they didn't ask the traditional interview questions (i.e. What is your greatest strength and what is your greatest weakness). I got questions that are incredibly hard to answer; "How do you improve a students writing over the course of a year? How do you teach analytical writing? What book would you use to teach global geography?" These are tough questions, questions you would like some time to mull over, think about.

I did pretty well with a few minor flubs, specifically with the analytical writing question.

Then step two: teach a class with all of them watching.

I figured I would rock the interview and pass the class, but it was the opposite. Instead I passed the interview and rocked the class.

I'm not keeping my hopes up. This is a pretty prestigious position and I am new and do not have extensive experience.

But, all other job interviews from here on out are going to seem like a breeze in comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home