My Name on the Dotted Line
At 1:30 today I officially became an employee of the Austin Independent School District. I signed the contract, and a lot of other forms. I got the employee handbook and learned the secret handshake. Everything changed in a week. Six years of college has led to this first step.
I went out to dinner with Brooke and we had the most amazing waiter. He is getting married in July to a woman he is nuts over. I love when interesting people filled with stories stumble into our lives. He told us we had to come back and visit him before his last day. Real love stories do exist. They aren't only in movies that make us cry. What is even more incredible is his almost-got-married story was a lot worse than mine, and fate somehow orchestrated to put this man in my path to show me a real happy ending just when I needed to see one. I was put in his path to encourage him to start his own business and possibly to toss him onto Miranda's path as a life coach. The waiter also said that he thought I would fall in love soon. Him and my psychic seem to be pals. I don't know if that is the case but he was a neon-blinking sign for real world fairy tales. What he showed me is how little I knew about love and that the next time I am holding out for the kind of love he has for his gal.
Life is funny in how everything works out. I told Miranda a few weeks ago, "I just want to know that it all works out." Now I know.
Do I look as satisfied as I feel?

This other photo is busy because I am jumping up and down. My enthusiasm is too fast for the camera.
I went out to dinner with Brooke and we had the most amazing waiter. He is getting married in July to a woman he is nuts over. I love when interesting people filled with stories stumble into our lives. He told us we had to come back and visit him before his last day. Real love stories do exist. They aren't only in movies that make us cry. What is even more incredible is his almost-got-married story was a lot worse than mine, and fate somehow orchestrated to put this man in my path to show me a real happy ending just when I needed to see one. I was put in his path to encourage him to start his own business and possibly to toss him onto Miranda's path as a life coach. The waiter also said that he thought I would fall in love soon. Him and my psychic seem to be pals. I don't know if that is the case but he was a neon-blinking sign for real world fairy tales. What he showed me is how little I knew about love and that the next time I am holding out for the kind of love he has for his gal.
Life is funny in how everything works out. I told Miranda a few weeks ago, "I just want to know that it all works out." Now I know.
Do I look as satisfied as I feel?

This other photo is busy because I am jumping up and down. My enthusiasm is too fast for the camera.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home