Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Fifth (I've lost count) Holiday Installment

This is the best picture.

I am horribly behind, please excuse the delay but my camera has been in my car. I can't upoad a blog without pictures and I was too lazy and forgetful to remember t0 get it out of my car. Sorry family who reads this and doesn't leave comments (that's right, I said it).

Check out the hottie below!

Everyone should wear a pink robe.


My family (the Mom, Bob, Rhys, Justin family) has a tradition that may seem greedy to some but we love regardless; Justin and I get up at 6:00 in the morning, stay in our pajamas, drive over to my parent’s house, wake everyone up and open presents together. In many cases, this is to entertain my brother, who missed me (at one time, I am sure the feeling has passed by now) living in the house and getting him up on Christmas morning like we did when we were kids. We also enjoy the droggy-eyed, slouchy, mussed hair, haven't-brushed-my-teeth-feel for the holidays. Despite how difficult they are to shop for, I think the families (Justin's and mine) are happy with the gifts they got. We played a lot of gags on my mother and Bob. Bob got packaged coal in his stocking (it was really licorice disguised as coal). Mom and Bob got a white elephant gift we tried to give away at the Amy's party. It was left behind (as were many of the gifts... score for us?). Don't worry; my parents got real gifts too.

We opened presents and opened presents and opened presents. To the right is my mother. Did I mention she likes to clean? Paper on the floor is her most gigantic pet peeve. We just watched her work.

After cleaning the ripped paper off the floor we ate breakfast and then all took off for destinations known. Mom and Bob went to do Christmas with his kids, Rhys went into computer world and Justin and I went home to take the first of two naps. We were woken out of the first nap by my relatives on the phone. I played pass-the-phone and talked to the majority of them in a record 5 minutes.

To the right is my mother wearing the hat I made for her. It was the first thing I knit and I figured my mother would love it because she had to. Isn't she cute? Justin's mom got the second thing I knit (or almost, it's not done yet), same reasoning.

After the phone call, Justin and I went and played football in the park where I scored many, many touchdowns. Then we came home and took another nap.

I think Mom and Bob's social whirl was more packed then Justin's and mine. They spent time with us, Bob’s kids, Bob’s family and Mom’s family (my Uncle Ted, Aunt Angie and Cousin Cole). We don’t have a lot of extended family in Texas. Rhys, Justin and I went to Uncle Ted and Aunt Angie’s as well, which was a lot of fun. Good conversations, good food and buck-eye sweets (this is a particular treat that I adore and if you haven’t had them, too bad, I won't share). Justin’s and my night ended with us visiting a friend, Randy. Then we went home and slept again after basking in the pleasure of being in the prescence of all our new stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics...great fun! Thanks for sharing all the fun! Thanks, too, for my warm, fuzzy hat...and as soon as we get a day below 70 I'll actually try it out :)

ps....check out other new "family" comment a few blogs back :)

ej

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home