Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Unsuspecting Femme Fatale

People are interested. I am not sure if I notice it more now because I am single and appreciating it, slender and more willing to receive it, or if my new perfume has hidden pheromones within it. Whatever the cause, I have gathered a lot of attention lately. And frankly, I have no idea what to do with it. I am hesitant enough to not jump to conclusions, to not assume an interest, or even be aware of one. My hesitancy comes from a mixture of modesty and arrogance with a past filled with insecurities. I sometimes want to point at my chest and say, “Me?” Other times I want to shake my hair out and say, “Me!” But despite the increase in attention, my skills in discerning, returning or demurring the attention have not increased. The intricacies and subtleties and blatancies are a mine field of missed “yeses”, late “no’s” and lost “maybes.” Honesty is tough when balanced with people’s feelings and tossing your heart out is tough even in small matters.

It is better to say, “Friends?” in the beginning not the end.
It is better to be bold and embarrassed than cowardly and regretful.
It takes practice to be sassy enough to say, “Keep you hands to yourself.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home