Reckless but not Wrecked Yet
I feel a bit reckless in life right now. I am over the speed limit with a broken speedometer, taking turns too fast, passing people, cutting people off, swerving so close you can feel the breeze as I go past. The map blew out the window, so I have no idea where I am heading, and I am almost out of gas.
I feel a bit reckless in life right now. I am balanced on the edge of a rim teetering around in the wind, not sure if I should look up or down, backward or forward. I hear rocks trickle off of the rim drawn by gravity and I am not sure what is worse: staying on that rim looking beyond where I am or falling beyond what I know.
I feel a bit reckless right now desperate to spit in the wind’s eye, eager to be something, feel something, know something, trying to shake, peel, pull off this old skin. It doesn’t fit any longer, but I took more off than I meant to in my careless disrobing.
I feel a bit reckless right now with no idea what I want, so I am shooting blindly, testing all directions until one feels right, but everything feels a bit good and a bit bad and this makes me not quite trust myself enough to listen to my own advice. And the stray bullets that hit unintended marks hurt me more than them.
I feel a bit reckless in life right now. I am balanced on the edge of a rim teetering around in the wind, not sure if I should look up or down, backward or forward. I hear rocks trickle off of the rim drawn by gravity and I am not sure what is worse: staying on that rim looking beyond where I am or falling beyond what I know.
I feel a bit reckless right now desperate to spit in the wind’s eye, eager to be something, feel something, know something, trying to shake, peel, pull off this old skin. It doesn’t fit any longer, but I took more off than I meant to in my careless disrobing.
I feel a bit reckless right now with no idea what I want, so I am shooting blindly, testing all directions until one feels right, but everything feels a bit good and a bit bad and this makes me not quite trust myself enough to listen to my own advice. And the stray bullets that hit unintended marks hurt me more than them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home