Saturday, November 15, 2008

Letter to Casino El Camino

Casino El Camino

Manager or Owner,

I read some of your reviews that you have linked to your website. They
are pretty good. You advertise yourself as the "neighborhood bar."

I went downtown last night with a colleague from work – I'm a teacher
with AISD. I teach freshman Pre-AP English Language Arts. She wanted
to meet up with her roommate who was at your bar. He recommended your
place.

When I got there I was carded – That doesn't surprise me; I am 24
years old. What did surprise me was that he didn't think I was me.

He looked at my card for a bit, shined a flashlight in my face and
then looked back at my card. Wasn't very respectful with the way he
handled the situation. My colleague thought it was a joke; she didn't
think he could be serious. We have done a number of happy hours
together and had just been at another club before this one.

He then told me to get out. Said I was 4 inches taller than the 5'4"
on the card (I'm not and his ability to judge size is off – I wasn't
even wearing heels). He told me my forehead was different, my cheeks
weren't the same and that my eyes were blue, not green. No questions,
no doubt. I was kicked out.

And he was wrong. Please, look up ------ ------ on the AISD website.
Email my AISD account – --------@-------.org (edited for privacy). I'll respond.
Your employee was out of line – not in making sure underage kids don't
get in but in not confirming his assumption, not checking to make
sure. I have a wallet filled with other badges for work, a military id
card and other documents proving my identity. He could have asked me
my birthday or when I graduated college.

I figure you guys probably have a problem with people using other
people's ids to get into your club although it seemed like a slow
night when I was there. But you are turning overage people away and
not doing such a good job of it.

If this happened to me, I am sure it has happened to somebody else. I
have never had my identity questioned (not at other establishments,
not when voting, not when leaving and entering the country), and it is
rude that I was called a liar. Your employee should be a little more
careful with how he handles your customers, especially if he ends up
being wrong. Makes him look like an ass, and it doesn't generate good
publicity for you. You lost two customers last night, and I will
happily tell this story to friends and family – who probably won't
frequent your establishment anymore. I will be posting reviews online
as well. I wouldn't want this to happen to any other 24 year-olds out
there, and let's not forget the 21-23 year-olds.

This employee – who refused to give his name when my friend went back
in and asked for it (fat, white and at the door Friday night close to
midnight) – can't seem to make accurate decisions. I thought you (and
he) should know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home