Saturday, March 20, 2010

Waco Continued from Feb 15th

After lunch....

We listened to current law students discuss the pros and cons of Waco (obviously with a slant towards attending the school). We had a session with financial aid. And we went on a tour of the campus.

I, after the tour, schedule a meeting the the career planning counselor/financial aid liaison. I sat with her for about a half an hour and discussed my financial situation with the full-ride that covers tuition and I learned that I qualify for grants as well to cover living expenses, that I could apply for a financial circumstances change form, because I am making money now but will not be making money in the fall. I also was able to ask her about public service being a focal point for me and how to obtain international law experience. It was a wonderful conversation that made me so much more dedicated to Baylor.

After the meetings I went and graded papers in Cricket's a local drafthouse before my tour of the lofts.

The lofts weren't what I wanted. Idealistically, they seemed urban and cool, but realistically they were cold, echoed and sterile. Too much concrete, thin walls, lack of life. I felt like I would be the only one there in the warehouse. Which made me reconsider the apartments on the river, the ones mom researched and found "bad" reviews for. The first time that I was in Waco, in my I'm-not-sure-I-could-live-in-Waco phase, I said that the only way I could/would move here is if I could live in those apartments. They were right on the Brazos river, had an amazing view and seemed removed, serene and peaceful. The day of the open house I went to the park across the river from the apartments and walked around in the snow. I didn't feel unsafe being alone in a remote place, not once.

I emailed Brazos Park and they contacted me immediately. I set up a time to come and tour the apartments.

I pre-leased this place and hopefully by May I will know the apartment I will be living in, which she assured me would have a river view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home