Competitive Much?
So, I am leaving in 7 weeks. 7 weeks. And I have felt myself slipping more and more away from the school and the sense of community I once felt.
But this doesn't prevent me from wanting to be the best. Even though I am leaving, I want to be the best 9th grade teacher. I'm not, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting it and even thinking it from time to time. I am definitely the most creative, especially in room design. I have a room that I would have killed for as a student.
But, I am slipping slowly away from the sense of community I once had. And this is aided by the English student-teacher. She has my mentor, who was already over-burdened and over-worked. I haven't really seen her or been able to discuss or plan with her this semester.
And she wants my job.
I am starting to feel a little territorial. Mostly, I want Stacy dibs. Take the rest and give me my mentor back. I miss my mentor.
But even though this girl is seemingly taking over my place and position, I won in the end. I am a rock star teacher. She has big shoes to fill. And asking to take a day off during student-teaching, confirms that she isn't nearly as over-achieving as me and will not erase my mark too easily. But, she might last longer in the field. Rock stars can't sustain the passion forever.
But this doesn't prevent me from wanting to be the best. Even though I am leaving, I want to be the best 9th grade teacher. I'm not, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting it and even thinking it from time to time. I am definitely the most creative, especially in room design. I have a room that I would have killed for as a student.
But, I am slipping slowly away from the sense of community I once had. And this is aided by the English student-teacher. She has my mentor, who was already over-burdened and over-worked. I haven't really seen her or been able to discuss or plan with her this semester.
And she wants my job.
I am starting to feel a little territorial. Mostly, I want Stacy dibs. Take the rest and give me my mentor back. I miss my mentor.
But even though this girl is seemingly taking over my place and position, I won in the end. I am a rock star teacher. She has big shoes to fill. And asking to take a day off during student-teaching, confirms that she isn't nearly as over-achieving as me and will not erase my mark too easily. But, she might last longer in the field. Rock stars can't sustain the passion forever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home