Doggy Bath-time

My house has become a third world country. Dead rat, flies, fleas...
My boys got some fleas and then itched themselves a lot. It was Advantage flea treatment and doggy-bath time!
I put their extendable leashes on, took them outside, opened the hatchback of the car, maneuvered the plastic handles into the back of the car, closed the hatchback so that the Yaris would hold onto the boys for me. They couldn't get away.

Then I went to turn on the hose. The dogs, sensing the bathing apocalypse ran as far as their leashes would allow them like startled cattle, hugging their bodies to the side of the car as if they would blend in, or the car would protect them. When I simply came after them, hose in hand, water spurting, they dodged around me and each other to go to the other side of the car.
After some wrangling, I hooked Nathan's collar and coated him in cool water. He martyred himself to the cause, hunkered down and took it in stoic silence. He pretended he didn't like the soapy massage, but I knew better. Teddy, once realizing Nathan was getting went and not him, sat down with his tongue lolling enjoying the show. He didn't seem to realize his time was next.

I rinsed Nathan and then started the chasing process again. Nathan ran, afraid he might have to permit the atrocity of cleanliness twice. Teddy, suddenly sensing his own danger and took off to the end of the leash, a few feet. He was trapped and the water and I got him.
He was not a little trooped, and whined throughout the entire process as if he were saying, "Mommy! No! I like being dirty."
By the end of it I was coated in dog hair, water and shampoo.
They got to go on a walk to dry off and then we lounged in the driveway.
The pictures are of us lounging. Nathan was feeling snuggly.

1 Comments:
These are adorable photos! Nathan is such loooves being clean and snuggly! Awww
Post a Comment
<< Home